Keep it Queer is an initiative of Inside Out encouraging our audience to help jump-start the queer economy by buying queer, hiring queer, and supporting queer businesses this summer.
By choosing to support the talented group of queer creators and entrepreneurs available exclusively on The Closet, referencing Inside Out’s Ontario queer businesses guide, and utilizing Out on Set to increase 2SLGBTQ+ hires in all elements of production, from the script to screen, you can help make an positive impact in supporting a thriving queer economy.
You can Buy Queer through Inside Out’s online shop, The Closet. The Closet features Inside Out’s own queer-designed merchandise as well as the Creators Closet, a new marketplace for queer entrepreneurs and independent creators to promote their work and independent businesses.
Participating entrepreneurs, businesses, and creators featured in the Creators Closet also receive:
- Marketing support, business development expertise, and digital literacy training to support their growth courtesy of Digital Main Street Media
- Free RBC Business Banking, personalized financial reviews, and access to industry specific workshops and events, courtesy of RBC Royal Bank
Visit thecloset.insideout.ca to Buy Queer.
Inside Out has partnered with OutTV to develop Out on Set, a database for 2SLGBTQ+ film & television crew and creative talent to connect production companies, agencies and networks within the screen industry.
Out on Set intends to:
- Increase LGBTQ+ hires in all elements of production, from the writers’ room to post-production
- Eliminate barriers to access and employment opportunities for LGBTQ+ crew and creatives
- Connect queer storytellers with the teams they need to bring their projects to life
Visit outonset.com to learn more about how you can Hire Queer
Support queer-owned businesses in Ontario by referencing Inside Out’s Support Queer business guide. We are highlighting businesses throughout the province that our audiences can support to help create a thriving queer economy.
Click here to consult the Support Queer business guide.