Inside Out volunteers are the coolest. Like, the coolest! They help us challenge attitudes and change lives by donating valuable time and amazing skills to help make our work happen. Plus, volunteering is a great way to meet people, gain new skills and see movies!
In exchange for volunteering at our festival, all volunteers receive:
- One-of-a-kind t-shirt!
- Screening vouchers to see films!
- The opportunity to meet and greet some of the most interesting queer filmmakers, film lovers, community members and community leaders!
- The experience of working in a fabulous team putting together the largest queer film festival in Canada!
- Post-festival wrap-up party, just for you!
If you are a NEW volunteer to Inside Out, you must attend an orientation session on one of the following dates:
- Saturday May 7 (2:30 to 4:30pm);
- Monday, May 9 (6:30 to 8:30pm);
- or Wednesday, May 11 (6:30 to 8:30pm)
Please contact Steen Starr, Volunteer Coordinator, to register for one of these sessions: email@example.com.
To read a description of Volunteer Roles and Responsibilities, click here.
YEAR ROUND VOLUNTEERING
To volunteer with Inside Out on a year-round basis, e-mail Winnie Luk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Worker Bees: Provide admin support to our tiny hard-working office team. Tasks include data entry, mailing, filing, organizing, writing etc. Generally shifts are only available Mon-Fri during office hours, 10am-6pm.
Programming: Assist the programming team with inputting and organizing submissions and dubbing tapes. Mon-Fri during office hours.
Special Events: Help out at year-round screenings and special events: ushering, ticket-taking, setting-up, postering, guest list, serving, bartending (must have Smart Serve certification and be 19 yrs. and older) and generally lending a hand.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us! Please contact Winnie Luk at email@example.com or 416.977.6847 x24 with any inquiries.
BOARD NOMINATION POLICY - View Full Details