Put your money to work where it means the most to you!
1. $25,000 Matching Gift Challenge: Help us reach our $25,000 goal. Passionate about supporting LGBT arts and Inside Out? Click here to make a secure online donation to our future so we can bring you the best audience experience, support LGBT filmmakers and promote access for youth and seniors. Until December 31, 2015, you can double the impact of your gift. Members Jim Lawrence and David Salak and Jim Lawrence will match donations up to a total of $12,500.
2. Join the 25th Anniversary Leadership Circle and celebrate the past and future of LGBT film.
3. Do you think our Ottawa Festival is a capital idea? Click here to make a donation in support of the Ottawa Festival.
4. Believe in Inside Out’s mission and supporting LGBT artistic expression? Click here to make a secure online donation to our Operating Fund.
5. Want to make a difference in the lives of LGBT young people? Click here to make a secure online donation to our youth initiatives.
Use our Mail-in Donation Form for one-time or monthly donations made by cheque, credit card or electronic funds transfer. Donations by cheque should be made payable to "Inside Out."Please mail cheques to Inside Out, 219 - 401 Richmond Street West, Toronto, ON, M5V 3A8. Donations of $20 or more are issued tax receipts where full name and mailing address are provided.
SPECIAL TAX INCENTIVE FOR FIRST TIME DONORS
The Federal Government has introduced the time-limited First-Time Donor’s Super Credit tax incentive to encourage giving. Learn more about how a donation to Inside Out boosted by the First-Time Donor’s Super Credit can mean supporting one of your favourite nonprofit organizations – and more money in your pocket after taxes.
Gifts of securities are now the most tax-efficient way to make a charitable donation, thanks to the elimination of capital gains on donations of publicly-traded securities. You can donate stocks, bonds and mutual funds. Shares in private corporations and stock options are not eligible. You will receive a tax receipt for the full amount of your donation.
MAKING A GIFT IN YOUR WILL
A charitable gift in your last will and testament, known as a bequest, can be in the form of a sum of money, a specific property, a percentage of the residue of your estate, a life insurance policy, an RRSP or a contingency gift. The tax credit resulting from a bequest can provide valuable tax savings to your estate. Making a gift through your will is a meaningful way to celebrate your legacy while making a lasting commitment to Inside Out and the Toronto LGBT community.
We would be very happy to discuss these options with you. Please contact Philip Wong.
We also recommend that you speak with your financial and legal advisors when considering these types of gifts to ensure that your financial goals are considered, your tax situation is reviewed and your planned gift is tailored to your individual circumstances.
EMPLOYER MATCHING GIFTS
Many companies match the amounts that their employees contribute to charitable organizations and some even provide donations to organizations you volunteer at. In other words, if you donate $100 to Inside Out, your company will do the same - so your gift doubles! Please check with your human resources or finance department to confirm whether your employer has a matching gift or volunteer grants program. View partial list of employers with programs.
MAKE A DONATION IN KIND
Inside Out holds an annual Silent Auction fundraiser at the Launch of our Toronto LGBT Film Festival. If you or your business are interested in making a donation of goods or services towards this event, please contact Philip Wong.
SPONSOR A FESTIVAL AWARD OR SCREENING
Sponsoring an award or screening at the Toronto LGBT Film Festival is a wonderful way to show your support for queer filmmakers and encourage the creation of new works from diverse LGBT voices. Sponsoring an award in honour or in memory of someone can also be an incredibly meaningful way to celebrate their courage, creativity, passion, and life. Please contact Philip Wong to discuss opportunities at the upcoming Festival.