Founded in 1991 as a 2SLGBTQ+ film festival in Toronto, Inside Out is now the largest event of its kind in Canada, spanning multiple cities with year-round programming.
Inside Out seeks to be:
• an innovative leader in the production, exhibition and promotion of 2SLGBTQ+ film
• an incubator and support for 2SLGBTQ+ filmmakers both emerging and established
• a leading advocate for 2SLGBTQ+ issues using the medium of film
• an inclusive cultural gathering place for Canadian 2SLGBTQ+ communities
Inside Out strives to reflect the following values in our operations and programming:
• Innovation: We give our audience new opportunities to engage with 2SLGBTQ+ stories through the medium of film. We are constantly improving our programming and efficiency of operations by adopting new technologies and systems.
• Excellence: We are committed to seeking out the best 2SLGBTQ+ stories from around the world and providing audiences with unique film-based experiences.
• Community: We play a vital role in the social, educational and cultural health of our communities by connecting them with their stories. We are dedicated to reflecting and expanding the dialogue within the 2SLGBTQ+ communities in collaboration with other organizations.
• Inclusion: Inside Out is accessible and inclusive: a safe and welcoming space for filmmakers and film fans from around the world. We at Inside Out respect, reflect and celebrate our communities’ diversity and strive for inclusion of all persons.
Each year, Inside Out is proud to present the Toronto 2SLGBTQ+ Film Festival, the Ottawa 2SLGBTQ+ Film Festival, the More Play Year-Round Screening Series and the 2SLGBTQ+ Feature Film Financing Forum.